Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sixpoint Brewery's Resin

Sorry for the delay in posting, but I have not had any beers for the past few days due to needing to finish some homework. Naturally, I did not finish I single thing anyways, so tonight I cracked open a Sixpoint Resin and voila! I made some progress. Anyways, about the beer...

I had promised myself that I would do something other than an IPA for my third post, but alas, the heart wants what the heart wants. And as I opened the refrigerator in search of tonight's inspiration, this one called out to me.

Poured into my trusty IPA glass, Resin at a glance and on the nose, would never stand out in the IPA crowd. The floral smell of hops is surprisingly mild compared to some smaller beers. Nevertheless, this one packs a punch in the taste department! The bitter hops kicked me square in the teeth and had me second glancing at the can. Oh, will you take a look at that. 103 IBUs. And they mean it! It is followed up with a hint of alcohol, reminding you that this bad boy in a little can is 9.1%. Sure, that's not for everyone, but for me these are the traits of a perfect slow sipper. There is gorgeous, heavy lacing for you to appreciate as you sip. All in all, this is a big win for Sixpoint in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment