Wednesday, August 28, 2013

21St Amendment's Hell Or High Watermelon

Once again, I must ask you to forgive any typos, weird photo placement, etc as I am posting from my phone for a couple days. My computer is In the shop, so I will be using Android blogger.

There, that's out of the way. Now to the beer. When I was walking through my beer store, this one made me double take. I've seen many fruit beers, but this is the first watermelon one I've encountered. I hesitantly poured this watermelon wheat wonder into your average pint glass to reveal a hazy yellow beer with a thick white head that slowly faded into a thin cap. Not much on the nose here, just slight hints of wheat. I took a sip and... Wow watermelon! I hate artificial watermelon. With a passion. There is none of that here. The forward taste on this is as if you cut a hole in a watermelon, poured your favorite wheat beer in, then poured out the contents. Its phenomenally refreshing without being too sweet. This is followed by a light hint of banana wheat. As strange a beer as this one was, it has just taken the spot as my second favorite fruit beer, beaten only by Dogfish Head's Aprihop. Get some before summer is over or you'll have to wait until next year for this seasonal brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment