Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cerveza de Los Muertos Immortal Beloved Hefeweizen

Ok, this blog is a bit hard for me to type right now. Why you ask? Because I have my very first Pliny the Elder chilling in the fridge right now and I am super stoked. But I had this over the weekend and I need to share, right? Right...

I snatched this one up because it is a Mexican import craft beer and that alone seemed very interesting. Most of the brews I got in SC were IPAs, so I snatched up this Hefeweizen to mix it up. I popped the top and was instantly concerned. Twist off, it seems. Now, I'm not saying good beer cannot come in a twist cap bottle, but in my experience it tends to be less than impressive. This one, though nothing out of the ordinary, certainly was not disappointing. Poured into a plain old pint glass, this beer is a hazy gold with a white head that diminished almost immediately. Light banana and wheat notes on the nose. The taste follows the nose as expected, with a little bit of light citrus flavor added to the bananas and sweet wheat notes. This is a nice, light beer that I could see being a solid session beer, and though a bit sweet, it is a solid Hefeweizen. I enjoyed it enough to be interested in trying their other beers when I get the chance. Guess I need to learn not to judge a beer by its twist cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment